Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Guatemalan Amusement

A few weeks ago a friend from my town invited Mark (my sitemate) and I to join her family on a roadtrip to Xetulul, Guatemala’s version of Disney World. Though smaller, the park boasted a rollercoaster with 6 loops and a live magic show. We all left exhausted, and thoroughly soaked thanks to the afternoon rain and the log ride. Here are a few pictures from our adventures.

(This one's for you Kayla, remember our adventure at the Fountain de Trevi in Rome!? Guatemala has it's own mini version, and of course I pretended to throw a coin in for memory's sake)
Jessica, Lety, Victor, Emily, and Adoni

This is what happens when Jessica and I try to eat in the car. She spills ketchup on me, I spill water on her. I've found a Guatemalan who equals my klutzyness.

The ride home. New sitemate Mark, and my friend Jessica.




No comments: