Friday, January 9, 2009

Belated Christmas Cookies









The holiday season found me very busy and unable to deliver on a promise to make Christmas cookies with my friend Gladys´ two girls. However, I found some free time last weekend and Gladys dropped the girls off for an afternoon of belated Christmas cookie-making. As you can see from the photos, it was a messy event. The older of the two girls, the very precocious Maria Victoria proved herself to be quite an artist, while the younger, Alejandra, proved herself to be something of a world-class eater. During the course of the afternoon I think somewhere around 6 cookies disappeared (very sneakily) into her 2 year old belly. I’m now convinced she could take the crown at one of those hot-dog eating contests.

We had quite a blast! It was the girls´ first time to make cookies and they loved the whole process, from mixing the dough with their hands to frosting and decorating the cookies. They’re already asking me when the next American holiday is so we can make more cookies. Maybe we’ll make some Presidents Day cookies. Does anyone have a cookie-cutter of Lincoln’s profile I could borrow?

1 comment:

Tim Slattery said...

I made Christmas cookies with my little host sisters here too (chocolate chip - yummm). Very messy as well, and a lot of fun. And I enjoyed the midnight fireworks more than I thought I would. It´s quite something to be standing on a roof and have the sky light up every direction you look, with Christmas music blaring from big speakers behind you. =)