Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This is the part where I get sappy...

I’m well into week 4 in my site and starting to realize all of the things I miss about home. It probably has a lot to do with the lack of a lot of the relative comforts I had during training (i.e. speaking English) that I’m just now beginning to notice these things. But, without further ado, here they are, in no particular order…
· Libraries
· Peanut Butter
· Coffee shops (and good coffee!)
· Cheese
· My family (and Annie too!)
· Speaking English
· Movies
· Dance parties (Jess, Josh, Paul…you three are most definitely included in that)
· Talking about international development with Houghton friends…man, living it is WAY harder!

But I have to say, that the thing I miss most of all of this is the amazing communities of people that I left behind in the U.S. I miss having late night conversations about important stuff and trivial stuff. I miss cooking meals together and sitting around the dinner table long after the plates are empty. I miss going on walks and hikes with people I love. I miss picnics and Frisbee games after church. I miss church! I miss game nights. I miss trips into DC with lunches on Saturdays. I miss concerts and plays. So, to those of you who live in New Hampshire, Houghton, and DC- this blog is dedicated to you!

However, you have a way of making my life full even from afar. I love the memories and pictures I brought with me to Guatemala, and the knowledge that we will make more soon. Knowing that you continue to dance your heads off, play Bang, talk about international development, and cook lots of yummy food makes me SO happy! Miss you!

No comments: