Friday, January 15, 2010

Admittedly a little cheesy

I am totally in love with my friends and family. This visit to the States solidified that fact. I packed my bags and headed north; in an airplane, much to the awe of my neighbors, many of whom have visited the US via rivers and deserts. I arrived in the motherland in time to enjoy the full breadth of the holiday celebrations- I lit the last advent candle at church, went snowboarding, saw Mt. Washington covered in powdered sugar snow, attended the multitude of family christmas events, celebrated birthdays and holidays with my high school pals (who remain some of the coolest people I've ever known) and saw all of the little cousins, who have grown up far to fast for my taste. To add icing to the already very yummy cake (I'd say it was carrot cake- delicious and good for me) I got to spend a few days in NY with the housemates from college and then a few more days in DC with the gang there. I am a lucky, lucky girl.











No comments: