Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Friendly Visit

Although leaving behind family and friends to return to Guatemala was mildly heartbreaking, I convinced my good friend Kayla to come back with me for a few weeks to experience my life in Guatemala. I gave her the whirlwind tour of Antigua, Volcan Pacaya, My training town, and Lake Atitlan in the first few days, and then we returned to my town for a week. We taught my high school class together, made some gardens in old tires, ate tamales, visited neighbors, hiked to a village, and saw the sights of Huehuetenango, the city I live near. The grand finale of the trip featured Mayan ruins in Tikal, El Peten, where we baked in the tropical heat and photographed monkeys and ancient temples. Here's some photos of our adventures:








1 comment:

onceuponasunflower said...

That last picture is absolutely beautiful!